Automatic uninstalling msi files

Hello to all,

I would be glad if you can explain a certain behavior.
I installed an application that includes:
exe file
msi file.
both files located under files folder.
Till here all OK.

When I tried to uninstall the application I had some problems.
In order to troubleshoot the problem I remarked the MSI uninstall command.
When I run the uninstall command again I discovered that, the PowerShell file still uninstall the MSI.
Only when I moved the MSI file to another folder, he stopped trying to uninstall it.

Is there a way to stop the ā€œAutomatic uninstallationā€?

Thank you very much
Amir :slight_smile:

You would need to paste your Deploy-Application.ps1 script here for us to understand what is likely to be the issue

N.B. When inserting you code here, remember to start a new line and then surround your pasted code with three escape quotes ``` and paste your code followed by three more escape quotes ``` (or press Ctrl+e and paste your code over the ā€˜type or paste code hereā€™ text) this way your code will be formatted correctly on this site
e.g.:

type or paste code here
1 Like

Hi amiros,

I think you are seeing the effects of the ā€œ## Handle Zero-Config MSI Uninstallationsā€ part of the script.

Basically if you donā€™t configure the variables $appName & $appVersion in the beginning of the Deploy-Application.ps1 script and you also have a MSI file in the Files folder PSADT will execute the ā€œZero-Configā€ parts of the script. If you are lazy you might find this funtionality useful but I would advise against it. Just make sure you always configure the ā€œapp*ā€ variables in the beginning of the script and the ā€œZero-Configā€ parts are never used.

2 Likes