Unable to uninstall MSI applications

Hello,

I have been messing with this and am not able to determine why its occurring.

We use SCCM to run everything but users have the ability to install stuff on their own machines.

Basically what i have seen is that if you install an application that uses MSI as an admin then you cant uninstall it with SCCM since it runs with the System account.

Every time i try and use the RemoveMSI or Execute-MSIProcess command i get an error in the log of 1605 which means it cant find the files needed to remove the app.

Just wondering if anyone has seen this and if so know a way around it??

Thanks for any help…
Brian

Have you tried running the psappdeploy script on one of the affected systems directly rather than through SCCM?

When I was pushing everything through SCCM, I found some installs of MSI apps would require the MSI file to be present at the original installation location. I had a workaround of copying the MSI to that same location, running via SCCM and it would work for remove or upgrade. It wasn’t a pleasant solution but it allowed for the SCCM install to work on those trouble systems.

Shane

You can try and use the uninstall-string from HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall or HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
Search for the name of the application.