Updating Office to specific version

Hi all,

I’m new to appdeploytoolkit and was looking for some help, is it possible to update office to a specific version using this? I’ve got a clean install working but hoping a tweak to the script will push out an update to a specific version instead of doing a fresh intall of that version

Thanks

No but there is a way to do it by setting 2 values in the registry and running \clicktorun\officeC2Rclient.exe

Good luck

At the risk of sounding like a noob what values in the registry do I change? I’ve changed the UpdateToVersion but its giving me an error when running the exe

Not a noob question.

Look here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/update-history-microsoft365-apps-by-date?redirectSourcePath=%252fen-us%252farticle%252fae942449-1fca-4484-898b-a933ea23def7

I heard of a guy who went so far as screen scrape this site to get the version number and use a command something like this:

$arguments = "/update user displaylevel=False forceappshutdown=True updatetoversion=$M365BuildNumberScrapedFromMsSite"
Start-Process -FilePath "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\OfficeC2RClient.exe" $arguments -Wait

Hi,
Yes, it is possible to update Microsoft Office to a specific version using the App Deployment Toolkit. Instead of performing a fresh install, you can modify your deployment script to apply the desired update. You’ll need to download the specific Office update files and configure the deployment script to execute the update. This typically involves using the Office Deployment Tool and specifying the desired version in the configuration XML file used by the tool.
Thanks