Updating Office to specific version

Hi all,

I’m new to appdeploytoolkit and was looking for some help, is it possible to update office to a specific version using this? I’ve got a clean install working but hoping a tweak to the script will push out an update to a specific version instead of doing a fresh intall of that version

Thanks

No but there is a way to do it by setting 2 values in the registry and running \clicktorun\officeC2Rclient.exe

Good luck

At the risk of sounding like a noob what values in the registry do I change? I’ve changed the UpdateToVersion but its giving me an error when running the exe

Not a noob question.

Look here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/update-history-microsoft365-apps-by-date?redirectSourcePath=%252fen-us%252farticle%252fae942449-1fca-4484-898b-a933ea23def7

I heard of a guy who went so far as screen scrape this site to get the version number and use a command something like this:

$arguments = "/update user displaylevel=False forceappshutdown=True updatetoversion=$M365BuildNumberScrapedFromMsSite"
Start-Process -FilePath "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\OfficeC2RClient.exe" $arguments -Wait