Updating Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop

I am experiencing some issues setting up an sccm deployment that will uninstall the old version of Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop and then install the newest version of it.

I am using the remove-msiapplication function to uninstall the old versions and then simply running the new .msi to install the new one.

when pushing to the system from SCCM it is working BUT it is generating some powershell popups and some DISM windows pop up as well when installing and uninstalling via the deploy-application with a silent install option.

Does anyone have any ideas what would be causing these windows to open during a system install?

thank you.

the Pre-Installation commands are

## <Perform Pre-Installation tasks here>
    Remove-MSIApplications -Name 'Adobe Creative Cloud' -parameters '/q'
    Remove-MSIApplications -Name 'Creative Cloud Desktop'  -parameters '/q'

Install is

## <Perform Installation tasks here>
   Execute-MSI -Action 'Install' -Path 'Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop.msi' -parameters '/q'

Uninstall is

## <Perform Uninstallation tasks here>
    Remove-MSIApplications -Name 'Adobe Creative Cloud' -parameters '/qn'
    Remove-MSIApplications -Name 'Creative Cloud Desktop'  -parameters '/qn'

the rest of the script is the default toolkit with the Show-InstallationWelcome and Installation Progress remarked out.

I think you are seeing MSI popups, not PSADT popups.

FYI: By using -parameter you are overriding the defaults in PSADT’s XML file for MSI installs and uninstalls.

It’s an EXE uninstall so that command wont work

Creative Cloud Uninstaller.exe -u

Now that exe disappears after uninstall so you could also copy\pre-stage it into file and run like so:
Execute-Process -Path "$dirSupportFiles\Creative Cloud Uninstaller.exe" -Parameters "-u" -Wait

1 Like