Uninstall LAPS UI without removing CSE

Hello PSADT Community,

I have a problem deploying the LAPS UI Tool next to the already installed Agent called CSE. Both Applications are installed with the same MSI.
With the following command, we Install the Agent to our clients.

Execute-MSI -Action 'Install' -Path 'LAPS.x64.msi' -Parameters 'addlocal=CSE /QN'

With the next command, I can install the LAPS UI Tool to one of our admin clients.

Execute-MSI -Action 'Install' -Path 'LAPS.x64.msi' -Parameters 'ADDLOCAL=Management,Management.UI,Management.PS'

To remove the LAPS UI Tools I think the command should do the work. But the command removes everything related to LAPS.

Remove-MSIApplications -Name 'Local Administrator Password Solution' -Parameters 'REMOVE=Management,Management.UI,Management.PS /QN'

Doing this with msiexec works fine.

msiexec /i "LAPS.x64.msi" REMOVE=Management,Management.UI,Management.PS /q

Is there a possibility to execute the raw msiexec command with Execute-MSI? Or are there other options to consider?

Kind regards
BadgerAdmin

Hi,

You can use Execute-MSI -Action ‘Install’ with the switch -SkipMSIAlreadyInstalledCheck.

Try this:

Execute-MSI -Action 'Install' -Path 'LAPS.x64.msi' -Parameters 'REMOVE=Management,Management.UI,Management.PS /q' -SkipMSIAlreadyInstalledCheck

Hello JFP,

worked perfect for me. Thank your for your help.

Kind regards
BadgerAdmin

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.