Trying to figure out quotes for parameters, example isn't helping.

In Example 5 of PSAppDeploymentToolkitAdminGuide.docx there’s an example I’m having trouble following for replicating to deploy one of my own applications:

Execute-Process -Path ‘setup.exe’ -Parameters “/s /v"ALLUSERS=1 /qn /L* “$configToolkitLogDir$installName.log`””

Launch InstallShield “setup.exe” with embedded MSI and force log files to the logging folder.

I tried putting it in Notepad++ but is greys out all text below it.

It seems there is a quote or something missing from the example?
Execute-Process -Path ‘setup.exe’ -Parameters “/s /v"ALLUSERS=1 /qn /L* </code>”$configToolkitLogDir$installName.log`""

I need a good example because I have a setup.exe that uses the following parameters in a .cmd file:
Setup.exe /S /v"/qn REBOOT=“ReallySuppress” /L*v “C:\app.log” SETUPFILE="\Sccm.domain.com\source$\Packages\software\parameters.dat"

but i’m not sure what quotes go where. it works fine in a .cmd file, but not appended to the -parameters part of the execute-process cmdlet

Would be something like this:

<pre class=“brush: text; gutter: true; first-line: 1; highlight: []; html-script: false”>Execute-Process -Path “setup.exe” -Parameters “/s /v&quot;ALLUSERS=1 /qn /L*”$configToolkitLogDir$installName.log&quot;""

Anytime you want to pass a quote mark, prefix it with a tick mark.

View post on imgur.com
<script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thanks for reporting that. I updated the incorrect example in the documentation and the comments for the function.

Execute-Process -Path 'setup.exe' -Parameters "/s /v"ALLUSERS=1 /qn /L* \"$configToolkitLogDir\$installName.log"""
<\pre>

thanks sorry for delay couldn’t find my own thread, lol