Start a blocked app post install

Hi,

I am very new to PSADT. I am trying to install Google Drive. I have it blocked from running during install:
Show-InstallationWelcome -CloseApps ‘GoogleDriveFS’ -AllowDefer -DeferTimes 3 -BlockExecution -ForceCloseAppsCountdown 60

I would like to start Google Drive again once installation is complete. I am using this:
Start-Process “$env:ProgramFiles\Google\Drive File Stream$appVersion\GoogleDriveFS.exe”

Google Drive won’t start though since it is blocked. How can I get it to start up again after install?

Thanks,
Blaine

usually, when PSADT is done, the block is removed.

Now if you stopped the installation from finishing, it will stay blocked.

That’s what I thought too. If I put my Start-Process cmdlet as the first step of the post-installation phase I get a notification that launching this program has been blocked. If I put it at the end of the post-installation phase nothing happens.

Why block it in the first place?

I blocked it so users don’t try and start their existing install of Google Drive while a new version is installing.

Is the execution block removed when you let PSADT finish normally?

What version of PSADT are you using?
There was some versions that would not clear the block.

The execution block is removed when I let PSADT finish normally.
I am using version 3.9.2 of PSADT.

So you need to do something:

1. After the install
  2. with Google Drive running for the current user
  3. but before the user gets to use Google Drive?

Sorry, I don’t understand what you are asking. After the install is complete I want Google Drive to open for the current user.

I think you just need to call the Unblock-AppExecution function before you try to launch Google Drive as the user

Thanks, I’ll try that!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.