Open App Deferral before Welcome Deferral

I really like this wrapper. I have a small issue I haven’t been able to figure out.

Ideally, I want to give my users the ability to defer at the inital prompt, but once they continue they should not have a defer option to close open apps, just a countdown.

As it executes now, the open apps check launches first, and then the intro screen about ‘The following application is about to be installed’. Is there any way to have the welcome screen show first, and then do the -CloseApps check after?

I’ve tried messing around with the order of the parameters but it doesn’t seem to matter.

Show-InstallationWelcome -AllowDefer -BlockExecution -MinimizeWindows 0 -DeferTimes 5 -DeferDays 5 -CheckDiskSpace -PersistPrompt -CloseApps ‘iexplore=Internet Explorer’ -CloseAppsCountdown 600

Well I think I figured it out on my own. I added a second line of Show-InstllationWelcome after the first.

I removed any CloseApps references from the first instance, and put them all in the second.

This seems to give the correct behavior. The only issue now is that the countdown does not work. Not sure if it’s getting confused because I’ve done a Show-InstallationWelcome call back to back.

I tried that before and didn’t like the way it handled. What I ended up doing was the following:

Show-InstallationWelcome -AllowDeferCloseApps ‘saplogon’ -AllowDefer -DeferTimes 2 -ForceCloseAppsCountdown 180 -CheckDiskSpace -PersistPrompt -BlockExecution -CloseAppsCountdown 180

But also this will go ahead with the installation/script you wanted if the requested application isn’t open. May want to check it out.