Change location of Prompt Window

Hi All,
As you know toolkit has good feature where if running process is detected it prompts message in the middle of the screen saying you need to close something so what I am trying to find is where can I change location of that prompt message, like not in the middle but say in the right side bottom corner. I have seen it before but I can`t figure out where that change need to be made so you could flip that message screen where you prefer. Any help much appreciated.

1 Like

In the more recent PSADT you can specify the Windows Location on the Show-InstallationProgress dialog
e.g: Show-InstallationProgress · PSAppDeployToolkit

-WindowLocation 'BottomRight'

But as for the other dialogs, it is currently a bit more tricky, but…

2 Likes

Hi,
I have seen this i think you should to change the location of the PSADT prompt message, you need to modify the Show-InstallationPrompt function in the AppDeployToolkitMain.ps1 file. Specifically, adjust the form’s position properties. Here’s how:

1. Open AppDeployToolkitMain.ps1.
  2. Locate the Show-InstallationPrompt function.
  3. Modify the form’s StartPosition and Location properties:

powershell

Copy code

$installPrompt.StartPosition = 'Manual'
$installPrompt.Location = New-Object -TypeName System.Drawing.Point -ArgumentList @(1000, 700) # Example coordinates for bottom right

Adjust the coordinates as needed to position the window in the desired location. Save the file and test your changes.

Thanks
Anna

1 Like

Thank you for this. I haven`t tried this yet but definetally will :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.