$appDeployCustomTypesSourceCode

Hi:

I was attempting to create an AppDeployToolkit install of Java 8u40. I got the script to work correctly on my development machine using toolkit version 3.6.1, but I just upgraded it to 3.6.3. When I made an Application in SCCM 2012 and assigned it to another machine, it would never run (show Installing in Software Center, but dialogs never showed).

When I attempted to run the deploy-application.ps1 in a powershell console on the test machine, I got this error:

C:\Windows\ccmcache\y\Deploy-Application.ps1 : Module
[C:\Windows\ccmcache\y\AppDeployToolkit\AppDeployToolkitMain.ps1] failed to
load:
App Deploy custom types source code file not found.

At C:\Windows\ccmcache\y\AppDeployToolkit\AppDeployToolkitMain.ps1:207 char:78

• If (-not (Test-Path -Path $appDeployCustomTypesSourceCode -PathType Leaf)) {
    Thr …
At line:1 char:1
+ .\deploy-application.ps1
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorExcep
   tion
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorExceptio
   n,Deploy-Application.ps1

It seems to be looking for a CustomSourceTypesSourceCode file in the \AppDeployToolkit subdirectory, but there isn't one in the downloaded zip of the library.

I don't really understand why it runs from the ISE on my development machine, but errors out via the console on the test machine.

Thanks

Hi:

I found the error, it was the usual SCCM 2012 error where you try to update files and push them to the distribution point, but it doesn’t get all the new files.

I had to create a new app from scratch point it to the current app directory and then push it out to the distribution points. Worked after that.

1 Like