***Unsolved, won't be pursuing any more troubleshooting*** PSADT log saying app is not installed when it is

Hello,

I am configuring the tool to uninstall an old app before installing the new one. I have this working correctly when tested on a local VM. I have now added the app to SCCM and tried installing it on a network VM and now I get this in the PSADT software log.

The error says the app is not installed, but it is in the registry and add/remove programs.

I have had two other apps configured the same way that work. I did a side by side check to make sure all the important bits were identical .

Does anyone know whats going on here? I’m pretty confused.

Thanks for any advice.
-Ian

Hi,

Please check if the product which you are uninstalling is registered under “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall” OR “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall”.

If the product is not published then MSI can throw 1605 error. If Product code is present under above hive then trigger should go smooth.

Regards,
Suraj

The old app to be uninstalled is in “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall”. I installed it to test the script. So I’m 100% sure the app is there, but the log says otherwise.

Have you tried to use Remove-MSIApplications -Name ‘Application display name’ ?
I know this function also retrieves the product code and triggers the uninstallation but still give a try.

I tried replacing the string with what you suggested, but the same error occurred.

@SurajMalusare, the project I was working on is over and I won’t be troubleshooting this issue anymore.

thank you for your suggestions.