Toolkit script works only when deployed as available

Using this code
Show-InstallationWelcome -CloseApps ‘Word’ -AllowDefer -DeferTimes 3 -CheckDiskSpace -PersistPrompt

in the Pre-installation area. When I deploy this sccm app as available, I can click on Install in Software Center and I see the Toolkit pop up windows asking if I want to defer or contintue as expected. But if I deploy as required, it doesn’t show the defer pop-up, it just starts the install. This is a problem because it also restarts the user without warning. Users would lose data. This used to work just fine. Is this a new bug from the latest hotfix for Configuration Manager? Anyone know what is going on?
Darrin

1 Like

Have the same problem. Anyone?

Could someone please post relevant portions of the log file so that we can see what PSADT actually did?
Is the script really running in Interactive mode?
Who initiated the reboot? SCCM or PSADT?

Ok, for me the solutions was that I didn’t have the box checked to Allow Users to interact. So my pop up notification window wouldn’t show up and it basically runs silently. Here is where you have to make sure you check the interaction box under the User Experience. Hope this fixes your issue as well. Cheers.

1 Like

Sorry, I posted a reply to my own message. I’ll reply to you so you get a notice someone replied to you. In SCCM under properties for your app. Make sure you have this checked:

1 Like

Thanks! It solved the problem for me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.