The system Administrator has set policies to prevent this installation. [1625]

All,

Was successfully using PSADT for many applications in our environment, when recently, a revision to an app (that was deployed via msi before) was needed very quickly to address an issue. I used PSADT to re-package the application due to the vendor not allowing transforms like we were using before. Now we are getting the error message listed above when trying to run the script. A copy/paste of the line specifically is here: [Installation] :: Execution failed with exit code [1625]: The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation. Execute-Process 3/15/2017 8:50:14 AM 10268 (0x281C)

A quick search showed that this can happen if you have group policy in place to block MSI installations, which we do not. This appears to be happening on several computers, but not all of them and so far we are not able to determine the difference between them. If I execute the msi manually with the command parameters that the PSADT runs, it works normally. I have moved the device into a test OU which allowed me to set the execution policy to bypass for all scopes and it did not make a difference. The app will be deployed via SCCM however I get the same error running from elevated Powershell Session manually as well. (and I am an administrator of the box) We are still testing, but does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Hi,

You said not all computers have this problem. Did you check the local GPO (gpedit.msc)? Maybe you could also check if this registrykey is set to a value other than 0.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer] "DisableMSI"=dword:00000000