Execution failed with exit code [1603]

Hi

Trying to deploy a MSI with PSADT using “AddLocal” to only install a particular component of the MSI but when I do i get “Execution failed with exit code [1603]”

Execute-MSI -Action ‘Install’ -Path ‘setup.msi’ -Parameters ‘/QN’ -AddParameters ‘ADDLOCAL=“Verification Station”’

If i remove "-AddParameters ‘ADDLOCAL=“Verification Station”’ " install works fine but installs everything which am trying to avoid - am new with PSADT and not used it to do an install like this so hopefully something simple!

Thanks

Try this… **Execute-MSI -Action ‘Install’ -Path ‘setup.msi’ -Parameters ‘/QN’ -AddParameters “ADDLOCAL="Verification Station”"

If that doesnt work take a look at where its failing in the native msi log. Just search for 1603 and look at the couple lines above it.

Hey

Thank you - gave this a go and now getting something abit different - I’ve tried re-creating the entire package too just in case something silly i’m missing.

Looking at the log below it looks like its seeing “Verification” and “Station” as transforms -AddParameters “ADDLOCAL=“Verification Station”” - Again still works fine when i remove the -AddParameters

[05-12-2020 11:30:24.761] [Installation] [Execute-Process] :: Working Directory is [C:\App Deployments\VerificationStation\Files].
[05-12-2020 11:30:24.768] [Installation] [Execute-Process] :: Executing [C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe /i “C:\App Deployments\VerificationStation\Files\ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 Stations x64.msi” TRANSFORMS=“Verification” TRANSFORMSSECURE=1 PATCH=“Station” /QN ADDLOCAL= /L*v “C:\WINDOWS\Logs\Software\ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 Stations x64_Install.log”]…
[05-12-2020 11:31:17.456] [Installation] [Get-MsiExitCodeMessage] :: Get message for exit code [1635].
[05-12-2020 11:31:17.464] [Installation] [Execute-Process] :: Execution failed with exit code [1635]: This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package.
[05-12-2020 11:31:17.492] [Installation] [Close-InstallationProgress] :: Close the installation progress dialog.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Well there is always the long way of doing it
Execute-Process -Path “C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe” -Parameters “"$dirFiles\setup.msi” /i /QN ADDLOCAL="Verification Station" /L*v "C:\WINDOWS\Logs\Software\ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 Stations x64_Install.log“”

Doh… Was me being silly! It was the space in “Verification Station” :man_facepalming:

ADDLOCAL=“VerificationStation” works as expected - thank you for your help!

1 Like