Show-InstallationWelcome -CloseApps not working as expected

V3.8.4

Notes: No Countdown just defer or continue also -Topmost keeps it on TOP but is movable and blocks the app from launching during install

Show-InstallationWelcome -CloseApps 'notepad=NotePad App better English description (please save your data first)' -BlockExecution -AllowDefer -DeferTimes 3 -TopMost $True

Msg shows, I click closeapp notepad closes, but I can relaunch it instantly while the script is still running

Any Ideas?

Update: if I take out the description it seems to work, but even then it only closes the app once if relaunched twice it wont close

It’s possible your brackets within the message might be creating the issue, maybe try escaping these within your message with a back tick before each bracket, e.g.

Show-InstallationWelcome -CloseApps 'notepad=NotePad App better English description `(please save your data first`)' -BlockExecution -AllowDefer -DeferTimes 3 -TopMost $True

I realise your question here is about the Show-InstallationWelcome, But there was a fix for the Show-InstallationPrompt in Version 3.9.0 of the Toolkit for the -TopMost parameter

Show-InstallationPrompt now has a -TopMost parameter. Fixed the function failing to display a window with -NoWait parameter specified.

As I mentioned (in the other thread you posted recently) - v3.9.3 is the latest Toolkit - might be worth giving this a try.

1 Like