Required install but with users interaction

Hi,
With semi silent install - in sccm deployed as required but I do want a user to choose time or allow defer when its deployed. Will this achieve it?
My current issue that SCCM is auto deploying the app without any PSApp notification aka “silent install”

PowerShell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -NoLogo -Interactive -NoProfile -File “Deploy-Application.ps1” -DeploymentType Install

or I have tried this

“Deploy-Application.EXE” Install Interactive

I want all users to install the app, but I want user to have

1. notification
  2. allow defer option
  3. if they ignore both defer days will be used and it will force install after X days.

Can this be done?

I have set the exec parameters in SCCM to instal on system, and when user are logged in, and allow interaction. What is missing?

What does the PSADT log file say?
Does it see a user logged on? if not, it’s an automatic silent installation

Hi Ambratos,

use following in the Deploy-Application.ps1:

[CmdletBinding()]
Param (
[Parameter(Mandatory=$false)]
[ValidateSet(‘Install’,‘Uninstall’,‘Repair’)]
[string]$DeploymentType = ‘Install’,
[ValidateSet(‘Interactive’,‘Silent’,‘NonInteractive’)]
[string]$DeployMode = ‘Interactive’,
[switch]$AllowRebootPassThru = $false,
[switch]$TerminalServerMode = $false,
[switch]$DisableLogging = $false
)

and the question for User comes with Show-InstallationWelcome. Function.

for e.g. Show-InstallationWelcome -CloseApps ‘Outlook=Microsoft Outlook’ -CloseAppsCountdown 60

The user gets a prompt to Close Outlook for example.

And in SCCM set the User Experience for Installation from Hidden to Normal View and Allow the User to interactive with the deployment.

The reason that you don’t see anything is because you are running it with sccm. This install applications with the system account in session 0.

You can break through this session with a special exe called serviceui_x86.exe.

If you have found this, you install commando in sccm will be

Serivceui_x86.exe deploy-application.exe.exe install

Don’t forget to mark the checkbox run as 32 proces.

More info here: Use ServiceUI With Intune To Bring SYSTEM Process To Interactive Mode HTMD Blog

This is fine, but what if there is no user logged on, does it fail or proceed? I think for that you may need to use the -ForceCountdown option. I could be wrong here, so my apologies if that is the case. By the way, “Interactive” is the default mode.

With no user logged-on, the install become unattended.
All the PSADT GUIs deal with this without issue.

If you add logic that requires User interaction, then YOU must handle that situation in the code.