Question on quotes and using with PSADT

So I am looking into deploying an application that has an unusual set of parameters to get it installed correctly:

EX_6.2.0_Setup /S /v"/qn REBOOT=“ReallySuppress” /L*v “C:\JEX60.log” SETUPFILE="\sccm.domain.com\source$\Packages\Jenzabar\EX6\parameters.dat"

In case the code above doesn’t display right, I’ve put it in an image as well:

As you can see, there’s a bunch of quotes and a weird mixture of \ and quotes on the SETUPFILE= line.

This is all supposed to be one command line.

I can get it to work in a batch file (.bat or .cmd) but I’m not sure if this would be supported in PSADT?

Any tips or pointers on how best to handle it?

Hi,

Did you think:
Execute-MSI -Action Install -Path “EX_6.2.0_Setup” -Parameters " /S /v”/qn REBOOT=”ReallySuppress” /L*v \”C:\JEX60.log\” SETUPFILE=\”\sccm.domain.com\source$\Packages\Jenzabar\EX6\parameters.dat</code>" -LogName “$var_PackageLongName”"

Thank you for your reply.

When I try and paste that in the Installation section, everything below appears to be greyed out.
I am worried that, perhaps I do not see your command types out properly due to the code block interference.

Just put a ` before each " .

Perfect, thank you

<pre class=“brush: text; gutter: true; first-line: 1; highlight: []; html-script: false”>

These quotes and ticks are becoming a little confusing lol

So am I not supposed to enclose each parameter with quotes?
Only use opening quotes for each parameter that requires them, then put its enclosing double-quote at the very end of the line??

So don't use REBOOT='"ReallySuppress"
But use REBOOT=`"ReallySupress
?

I’ve no issues with deploying with batch file but I really want to make PSADT work.

I’ve even tried the following but the installer simply will not install. I see the executable run but only for a short while, so it’s not getting the right parameters for some reason.

<pre class=“brush: text; gutter: true; first-line: 1; highlight: []; html-script: false”>

$Arguments = @()
$Arguments += "&quot;/s /v""
$Arguments += "/qn "
$Arguments += "REBOOT=&quot;ReallySuppress" "
$Arguments += "ALLUSERS=&quot;1""
$Arguments += "/L*v &quot;
$Arguments += "&quot;C:\JEX630.log" "
$Arguments += "SETUPFILE=&quot;
$Arguments += "&quot;\sccmhq.domain.com\Sources\Applications\EX63\PSADT_3.6.8_EX63\Files\EX6_installer_parameters.dat</code>""

Execute-Process -Path &quot;$dirFiles\EX_6.3.0_Setup.exe&quot; -parameters $Arguments

I’m sorry for the code block issues.

It’s very difficult to communicate such vital information properly on these forums

I agree. Very big problem. Even loading an image is hard.

Lol, I was believing being alone with that problem :slight_smile:

yeah it sucks because I’ve spent like 40 hours and counting trying to figure this out.
Probably would have taken 5 mins if the thread didn’t interfere with the text and quotes.

I think the fact that quotes can universally make or break a script/program pretty much reinforces my opinion on the matter

The problem appears that the installer is putting quotes around the exe installer.

My batch file doesn’t have quotes around the .exe installer and it runs fine.
Same case if I paste the full install command with parameters in a command prompt window.
It will not work with “install.exe” in quotes appended with parameters.

I need to figure out a way to REMOVE quotes around the executable that is launched via the process that is executed via “Execute-Process”.

I have confirmed quotes are added by checking Process Explorer.

I put installer with paramters into a .cmd file

so I’ve changed the command in PS App Deployment Toolkit to the following:

Execute-Process -path “c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe” -Parameters “/s /c “$dirFiles\EX_630_Deploy.cmd””

screenshot of line:

screenshot of line: https://i.sli.mg/It32Dn.png