Msi commandline parameters

Hi all,

I’ve created a SolidWorks Administrative Installation Image
and think it must be possible to install this image with PSAppdDeploy.

I struggle with the right start command. this is the original:

msiexec /i "SWAdmImage\64bit\SolidWorks\SolidWorks.Msi" INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS 2020" SOLIDWORKSSERIALNUMBER="xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxxxxxx xxxx" ENABLEPERFORMANCE=1 OFFICEOPTION=3 ADDLOCAL=SolidWorks,SolidWorksToolbox TOOLBOXFOLDER="C:\SOLIDWORKSData 2020\" /qb

…and I’m not sure if this is correct:

Execute-MSI -Action 'Install' -Path 'SWAdmImage\64bit\SolidWorks\SolidWorks.Msi' INSTALLDIR='C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS 2020' SOLIDWORKSSERIALNUMBER='xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxxxxxx xxxx' ENABLEPERFORMANCE=1 OFFICEOPTION=3 ADDLOCAL=SolidWorks,SolidWorksToolbox TOOLBOXFOLDER="C:\SOLIDWORKSData 2020\" -Parameters '/QB'

c.q:

• Can I simply replace the double quotes for a single quote?
  • Are SOLIDWORKSSERIALNUMBER, ENABLEPERFORMANCE=1, OFFICEOPTION=3, …etc. parameters and is their position like: -Parameters ‘SOLIDWORKSSERIALNUMBER=XXX XXX etc’ ‘ENABLEPERFORMANCE=1’…etc?

Kind regards

Great it’s working!
Thanks to the contribution of gtaylor in topic “MSI Parameters Not Working from SCCM”
Pay attention to the backticks.

My working entry is:

Execute-MSI -Action 'Install' -Path "64bit\SolidWorks\SolidWorks.Msi" -Parameters "/qb INSTALLDIR=`"C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS 2020`" SOLIDWORKSSERIALNUMBER=`"xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx`" ENABLEPERFORMANCE=`"1`" OFFICEOPTION=`"3`" ADDLOCAL=SolidWorks,SolidWorksToolbox TOOLBOXFOLDER=`"C:\SOLIDWORKSData 2020\`""

Regards,

That’s great you got it to work! You can also consider using -AddParameters instead of -Parameters. I use that in my configs, that way PSADT maintain the noreboot, proper display option, and the logging.

1 Like

I’d recommend creating a transform file (mst) with your properties.

1 Like