Install MSI with multiple parameters

Hello to all,
I am using this toolkit and its working great.
I have a msi file with multiple parameters:
msiexec.exe /i "%~dp0ABBYY FineReader 15 x64.msi" /Qb! REBOOT=ReallySuppress SHCTDESKTOP=0 DONT_ASK_ABOUT_DEFAULT=1 STATISTICS_ALLOWED=0 CHECK_UPDATES=0 INSTALL_UPDATES=0 EULA_ACCEPTED=1

I have tried running the command like this and it’s not working.
Execute-MSI -Action 'Install' -Path "ABBYY FineReader 15 x64.msi"' -Parameters '/Qb!' REBOOT=ReallySuppress SHCTDESKTOP=0 DONT_ASK_ABOUT_DEFAULT=1 STATISTICS_ALLOWED=0 CHECK_UPDATES=0 INSTALL_UPDATES=0 EULA_ACCEPTED=1

Can you help me understand the correct syntax?

Thank you
Amir

Execute-MSI -Action "Install" -Path "ABBYY FineReader 15 x64.msi" -Parameters "/qn REBOOT=ReallySuppress SHCTDESKTOP=0 DONT_ASK_ABOUT_DEFAULT=1 STATISTICS_ALLOWED=0 CHECK_UPDATES=0 INSTALL_UPDATES=0 EULA_ACCEPTED=1"
1 Like

This worked for me

Execute-MSI -Action 'Install' -Path "$dirFiles\CloudAgent_x64.msi" -logName $appPackageName -AddParameters 'ALLUSERS=1 REBOOT=ReallySuppress ROOTDRIVE=C:\ MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL=Disable ARPNOREPAIR=1 ARPNOMODIFY=1 CustomerId={xxsasak-csacdac-sas} ActivationId={xxxxxxx} WebServiceUri=https://qagpublic.qg2.apps.qualys.com/CloudAgent/ /qn'

EDITED: Added ``` before and after code block

1 Like

Hi guys,
Its seems that i am getting complicated with this command.
I tried your suggestions and they didn’t work either.
No matter what i am writing after -addparameters, its just not added to the install command.

I added one parameter for testing directly into the xml file and then it did work.

<!--MSI Options-->
<MSI_Options>
<MSI_InstallParams>REBOOT=ReallySuppress /QB-! EULA_ACCEPTED=1</MSI_InstallParams>

any ideas what is wrong?

Thank you very much.
Amir

The -AddParameters should have worked.
I suspect the curly brackets { } for CustomerID and ActivationId are causing trouble.

Omit them and see if the other -AddParameters show up in the log file.

If that works, add them back and add a backtick before the curly brackets like this:

CustomerId=`{xxsasak-csacdac-sas`} ActivationId=`{xxxxxxx`}

FYI:
-AddParameters = parameters to add on top of what is in the XML file

-Parameters = parameters to use instead of what is in the XML file

Hi,
Thank you for taken the time to answer :slight_smile:

The example you talked about is coming from [SnehaK]
I didn’t use all the example he wrote, only one parameter and it didn’t showed on the installation PS console.

I will continue testing the command till It would work.

Thank you
Amir

Hi,
I have tried both parameters -addparameters & -parameters and the installation command remains the same.
I even downloaded an earlier version 3.9.,2 & 3.9.3 all over again, and the same result.
Hope someone from the system can perform a quick test to see if its a bug.

Thank you
Amir

Please post the command line you are using and I’ll try to make it work in v3.9.3. Just remember to change ActivationId and ```CustomerId.

Hey,

try this…

Execute-MSI -Action "Install" -Path "$dirFiles\ABBYY FineReader 15 x64.msi" -AddParameters "REBOOT=ReallySuppress SHCTDESKTOP=0 DONT_ASK_ABOUT_DEFAULT=1 STATISTICS_ALLOWED=0 CHECK_UPDATES=0 INSTALL_UPDATES=0 EULA_ACCEPTED=1"