Hide next button

Hello together

there are some apps that can’t be closed by the users, e.g. the background process of PDF24. is it possible to hide the “continue” button so that there is only the “close programs” button?

This question has been raised before, and the suggestion from @That-Annoying-Guy was the solution in this case:

that doesn’t really help me, because I need in the Deploy-Application.ps1 this possibility.

This is how I imagine it:

if (Get-Process -Name "$CloseApps" -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue) {
        $buttonContinue.Visibility = 'Hidden'
    }

But it’s not possible to use “$buttonContinue.Visibility = ‘Hidden’”:

[09-04-2023 13:07:52.784] [Pre-Installation] [Deploy Application] :: Error Record:
-------------

Message        : Die Eigenschaft "Visibility" wurde für dieses Objekt nicht gefunden. Vergewissern Sie sich, dass die
                 Eigenschaft vorhanden ist und festgelegt werden kann.
InnerException :

FullyQualifiedErrorId : PropertyAssignmentException
ScriptStackTrace      : bei Show-WelcomePrompt<Process>, C:\Temp\7-zip\AppDeployToolkit\AppDeployToolkitMain.ps1:
                        Zeile 9851
                        bei Show-InstallationWelcome<Process>,
                        C:\Temp\7-zip\AppDeployToolkit\AppDeployToolkitMain.ps1: Zeile 9045
                        bei <ScriptBlock>, C:\Temp\7-zip\Deploy-Application.ps1: Zeile 127
                        bei <ScriptBlock>, <Keine Datei>: Zeile 1

PositionMessage : In C:\Temp\7-zip\AppDeployToolkit\AppDeployToolkitMain.ps1:9851 Zeichen:13
                  +             $buttonContinue.Visibility = 'hidden'
                  +             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’m confused by what you are saying, are you trying to do this in the Deploy-Application.ps1?
As I think the linked article inferred this needs to be modified in the AppDeployToolkitMain.ps1

Edit: Ah!, You should have read a little further down the thread

Not:

$buttonContinue.Visibility = 'hidden'

but:

$buttonContinue.Visible = $false
1 Like