Exit Code 60008 in version 3.8.1

In version 3.8.1 of the PSADT, could error 60008 mean something different than a dot sourcing problem with AppDeployToolkitMain.ps1? I cannot specifically find 60008 in any of the .ps1 files. I can find the lines that dot source AppDeployToolkitMain.ps1 and AppDeployToolkitExtensions.ps1 but the files do not have code that writes out 60008 to the log file.

I have a package that is installing on thousands of machines with no issues via SCCM. But I have many machines failing with a 60008 error according to SCCM. The package does use a custom function from AppDeployToolkitExtensions.ps1.

I am guessing that the content is not fully downloaded and the file(s) are actually missing, but I do not know why SCCM would try and run the install if it was not finished downloading. Unfortunately, in the environment I work in, I do not have the access to attached to the file system or registry in the background. So before I contact a user and ask to take over their machine, I am trying to determine the best I can what is happening.

Any information would be appreciated.

Exit codes are listed inside our guide - https://github.com/PSAppDeployToolkit/PSAppDeployToolkit/blob/7f41682eb0699dc1b6dc6c9e8d5d03de42a8caf4/PSAppDeployToolkit.pdf

Yes, I know where the exit codes are listed and that is why I asked the question the way I asked it. In version 3.8.1, 60008 is “Deploy-Application.ps1 failed to dot source AppDeployToolkitMain.ps1 either because it could not be found or there was an error while it was being dot sourced.” I also know that the exit codes changed in at least 3.8.3, where 60008 is now “The -UserName parameter in the Execute-ProcessAsUser function has a default value that is empty because no logged in users were detected when the toolkit was launched.”

My package is using version 3.8.1. Many successful installs. Many 60008 errors. And I am trying to figure out why. Since I cannot find where the .ps1 files write the 60008 error to the log, I was asking if there may be another cause for the error than what is documented. Because if the content is down on the machine, there is no reason that dot source should fail. All machines have at least PowerShell 3.0.

Older versions had a bug that has been resolved in 3.8.3: