EXE Won't silent install or Uninstall

Hey everyone,

This noob is in need of some help again. I’ve been trying to figure out this issue with the Bambu_Studio.exe If I run the .exe with /SILENT or /S from a cmd prompt the application will install successfully with no prompts or anything.

Here is the code I have is PSA

Execute-Process -Path “$dirFiles\Bambu_Studio.exe” -Parameters “/SILENT /NORESTART /LOG=C:\Windows\Logs\Software\Bambu_Studio_Install.log”

Unfortunately when I test and run deploy-application.exe I get a prompt so I am not sure what I am missing or doing wrong.

Also would anyone know how to do a silent uninstall as well? This is what I have for the uninstall but it won’t go silent as well

Execute-Process -Path ‘C:\Program Files\Bambu Studio\Uninstall.exe’ -Parameters ‘/SILENT /NORESTART /LOG=C:\Windows\Logs\Software\Bambu_Studio_Uninstall.log’

I don’t know if the uninstall has any switches because I can’t get it to unisntall silently from the command prompt as well. So if anyone has any tips or tricks on how to do a silent unisntall that would be great. This Bambu software does not install from an MSI so i can’t do it that way. There is no GUID

I got the silent uninstall to work, but I am still having issues with a prompt appearing when I install. Outside of the PS1 script the silent install switch /S is working but from within the script it is not.

Known issue.

Being fixed in next release

Check your double quotes - you want straight quotes not directional ones - e.g. this:

Execute-Process -Path "$dirFiles\Bambu_Studio.exe" -Parameters "/SILENT /NORESTART /LOG=C:\Windows\Logs\Software\Bambu_Studio_Install.log"

Instead of this:
Execute-Process -Path “$dirFiles\Bambu_Studio.exe” -Parameters “/SILENT /NORESTART /LOG=C:\Windows\Logs\Software\Bambu_Studio_Install.log”

^ that is a different issue being described there, where the toolkit does not run in interactive mode on some machines.

1 Like