Defer and set reinstall at 12pm

Thank You for your efforts!

1 Like

Bro i have similar requirement

Please help me by sharing that function you added

Nice Work. Thanks

I did some work for adding a new localization but thatā€™s great

we are deploying the application using PSADT via intune. however if i click on defer, intune states as failed and not re-appears after 8 hours. Any suggestions

@Ashish_Kumar

The problem is that intune expects an installed application after your setup ends. It canā€™t verify itā€™s installed so it shows failed. Moreover, the more an installation fails, the retry interval will become longer.

Iā€™ve modified my deployment so that it only shows between 12.20 and 13.30h. This gives the user the option to install in their lunchbreak. If the installer isnā€™t started between these times, it checks if a Windows task is present, if not creates it. This task then fires at 12.20h. It deletes ā€˜HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\IntuneManagementExtensionā€™, and restarts the Intune service; effectively forcing Intune to go through all the apps checking if they are installed. Takes a few minutes, and the installer is started (and shown this time because we are in the time window). Because Intune tried to install already outside the time window, the install files are present on the harddrive. This gives me the opportunity to install large applications at set times. In Intune i set deployment to not show messages.

1 Like

Hi, could you please share the deferdemo again?

Please share the deferdemo again

Hi @FoldZan1,
Could you please share the code . we have the same requirement . it would be helpful.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Sq2aFHUYhD6MCYviQ_POK0ugLOovkct1?usp=drive_link
Thank you.

There were issues with the code where most people could not get it to work in their environment. I havenā€™t had time to fix it yet to be honestā€¦ Plus itā€™s hard to troubleshoot when I canā€™t recreate the problems. It works for me but apparently not for anyone else.

Hi @FoldZan1
Thank you for your response. is it possible to share the code i will try to check if it is working for me or not. Also i will try to see if i can able to troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks ,
A Reyaj

1 Like

Dont matter i will give it a try and if needed i troubleshoot it to :slight_smile:

Does anyone have the code?

Hello @FoldZan1 ā†’ Please I have exact requirement to deploy an app. Are you able to share the modified script. Thanks

Hi,
i used PSAppDeployToolkit_v3.9.3 , and i want to use deferral option could you share it with me please
Thank you

Hi,
i used PSAppDeployToolkit_v3.9.3 , and i want to use deferral option could you share it with me please
Thank you

Might be useful for those of you using Intune. This script creates a task that fires at a given time (eg. 12.20pm), and afterwards deletes itself. Effectively what the task does is restart the Intune service, which triggers the install after 1 or 2 minutes.

Deploy-Application.ps1

Thank you for your replay,
yes, it is with intune that we will deploy our applications.
how to do if i want give the end user the possibility to specify the time to install the application

Thank you and have a good day.

Iā€™m sorry this might be possible but beyond our reach.
This works for us since our users know large applications install during lunch time 12.30h By starting the install at 12.20h they can save their work, start the install and go eat.

Thank you for your help itā€™s work

Can I get the script.