Sorry for the long post but hopefully someone can help. I am still new to using PSADT and can only do basics but this one so far would be my most challenging one.
I am in the process of utilizing PSADT to install an app called Citrix VDA Workstation Core version 2305 and replace the older version of it which is version 1912.
Here is the order on how I believe it need to be done to completely install this:
- Uninstall version 1912 by running Citrix’s CleanupUtility.exe.
- The computer reboots.
- Log back in on the computer, computer will reboot again.
- Log back in and Install the version 2305.
- Reboot the computer to finalize the install.
Here’s what I coded so far:
- The highlighted one above does not seem to work for some reason. Powershell will justrun and says Installation in progress. If I run the installer manually it takes 5 minutes and it will do a restart. But i’ve been waiting for 30 mins so far and nothing seems to be happening.
2. If i remove the highlighted code on Item 1, and just retain the Execute-Process -Path “VDAWorkstationSetup_2305.exe” -Parameters “/quiet /noreboot”, the install works completely fine.
Just some additional info:
- The VDACleanupUtility.exe is needed to easily cleanly uninstall the older version prior to installing the newer version. However it reboots the machine twice.
Now my questions are the following:
- How can I check the logs from my script so I can see what is going on and where and what is failing?
- I think the command to run VDACleanupUtility.exe is valid but how come it just gets stuck on the Installation in Progress window?
- Is PSADT able to handle this if the VDACleanupUtility.exe requires two reboots?
Hoping for your assistance. Thanks.