Cannot run Deploy-Application.exe on domain controller

Hello everyone.
I got problem with run Deploy-Application.exe on any of my Domain Controllers (Win2012R2 and Win2019).
This problem is only on DC, on other servers and workstations everything works fine (Win 2012R2/2016/2019/2022 and on Win10/11)
On software center i got error 0xEA68(60008)
I use Deployment Application on version 3.8.4

Standard scripts written in powershell by me works fine on the DC.

When I try to run manually I got this error:

D:\8.3.3>powershell.exe D:\8.3.3\Deploy-Application.ps1
D:\8.3.3\Deploy-Application.ps1 : Module [D:\8.3.3\AppDeployToolkit\AppDeployToolkitMain.ps1] failed to load:
Exception calling "Translate" with "1" argument(s): "Some or all identity references could not be translated."

At D:\8.3.3\Deploy-Application.ps1:98 char:81
+ ... yToolkitMain -DisableLogging } Else { . $moduleAppDeployToolkitMain }
+                                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At line:1 char:1
+ D:\8.3.3\Deploy-Application.ps1
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Deploy-Application.ps1

I have seen some people complaining that PSADT would not work on DCs but I didn’t have the time to look up the error.
That said I found this: powershell Some or all identity references could not be translated at DuckDuckGo

This means the account couldn’t be found. So what you have to do is verify your accounts. you’ll need to identify which is invalid. The easiest way to do this is to debug through, line by line using the ISE or PowerGUI.

I don’t have access to a DC so it’s up to you.

Possible solution here: Running on a Domain Controller causes Exception calling "Translate"

Please report back what was needed to resolve the problem.

Tahnks for your help.
There is info that it will be fixed in new release but current version 3.8.4 is from january and until now there isn’t any new version.
If new Deployment Toolkit will fix this problem i will write here.

1 Like