Cannot find msi file while deploying with SCCM

Hi guys,
I am trying to solve a puzzle.
I am deploying Adobe Acrobat with msi file and mst.
I wrote the proper command and when I run the script locally its working great.
When I deploying it through Configuration Manager (SCCM) as application, i get an error saying that the MSI could not be found.
The msi is located in the following folder: .\files\acrobat9\acropro.msi
SCCM download the content of the folder first and then tries to deploy the ps1 file.

How can reveal the path the sccm application is running in order to troubleshoot this error?

Thank you very much
Amir

You need to post the line that you use to launch acropro.msi to get any help.

Hi,
Absolutely right.

this is the command line:
Execute-MSI -Action 'Install' -Path ".\source\Acrobat9\AcroPro.msi" -TRANSFORM "$dirfiles\acrobat9\AcroPro.mst" -Parameters '/QN'

(i am using source instead of files folder )

the error message:

---------------------------
Poalim Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.0
Error Record:
-------------
Message        : Failed to find MSI file [.\source\Acrobat9\AcroPro.msi].

InnerException :
FullyQualifiedErrorId : Failed to find MSI file [.\source\Acrobat9\AcroPro.msi].

ScriptStackTrace      : at Execute-MSI<Process>, C:\Windows\ccmcache\t\AppDeployToolkit\AppDeployToolkitMain.ps1: line
                        at <ScriptBlock>, C:\Windows\ccmcache\t\Deploy-Application.ps1: line 129
                        at <ScriptBlock>, <No file>: line 1
PositionMessage : At C:\Windows\ccmcache\t\AppDeployToolkit\AppDeployToolkitMain.ps1:3504 char:17
                  +                 Throw "Failed to find MSI file [$path]."
                   +                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thank you
Amir

[Moderator - Fixed formating]

hi try this:
Execute-MSI -Action 'Install' -Path '$dirFiles\Acrobat9\AcroPro.msi'
regards
Greg

[Moderator - Fixed formatting]

Thank you, but the same result:

Poalim Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.0
Error Record:
-------------

Message        : Failed to find MSI file [$dirFiles\Acrobat9\AcroPro.msi].

InnerException :

FullyQualifiedErrorId : Failed to find MSI file [$dirFiles\Acrobat9\AcroPro.msi].

ScriptStackTrace      : at Execute-MSI<Process>, C:\Windows\ccmcache\20\AppDeployToolkit\AppDeployToolkitMain.ps1:

line 3504
                        at <ScriptBlock>, C:\Windows\ccmcache\20\Deploy-Application.ps1: line 129

PositionMessage : At C:\Windows\ccmcache\20\AppDeployToolkit\AppDeployToolkitMain.ps1:3504 char:17

+                 Throw "Failed to find MSI file [$path]."

+                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OK  

[Moderator - Fixed formatting]

During the deployment, can you check the contents of the C:\Windows\ccmcache\20\ folder structure on a machine that this is being sent to?
It would be interesting to see exactly what files and folders you have below C:\Windows\ccmcache\20\
That is assuming the \20\ subfolder is the same location on different clients?

Hi,
This is the first thing i check. to see if the package are downloaded correctly.
i even compared with beyond compare between the original folder and the downloaded folder from SCCM…the folders are identical.

Thanks

well…
I delete the command and write it all over again with your suggestions…and with "" only…and it started working

Thank you guys for your time and help
Amir :slight_smile:

hi,
you changed the folder structure. the Files Folder is missing. there is where the tool is looking for, if you put the MSI into.

1 Like

AFAIK, using a single quote means the string is interpreted as literal and no changes/substitutions are made. Whereas with double quotes, substitutions are made so ‘$dirFiles’ is literally just that while “$dirFiles” gets substituted with whatever you defined $dirFiles to be (which in your case looks to be “c:\windows\ccmcache\t\Source”).

1 Like