App install - User Context - Balloon Notification

Hi all,
I’ve created a PSADT package to install Remote Desktop in the User Context and deploy using Microsoft Intune.
The package is working great, but I would like to remove the installation prompt at the start and finish of the install, but keep the windows balloon notification there for the user to see.

I’ve tried using the Silent install command but this hides all notifications.

Many thanks

look in your script at the Show-xxx commands

Comment out what you don’t need.

Thanks for the reply.

I’m not sure if this is possible, but I’d like PSADT to do the following.
If Remote desktop is open - Allow a Defer Option, Prompt the User to Close the Remote Desktop first, then continue with the Install.
If Remote desktop is not open - Go ahead with the install with no Prompts for the end user, just show Installation Started / Ended Balloon notification.

This is what I currently have

##*===============================================
		##* PRE-INSTALLATION
		[string]$installPhase = 'Pre-Installation'

## Show Welcome Message, close Remote Desktop if required, allow up to 3 deferrals, verify there is enough disk space to complete the install, and persist the prompt
		Show-InstallationWelcome -CloseApps 'msrdcw,msrdc' -AllowDefer -DeferTimes 3 -CheckDiskSpace -PersistPrompt

## Show Progress Message (with the default message)
		Show-InstallationProgress

## <Perform Pre-Installation tasks here>

##* INSTALLATION
		[string]$installPhase = 'Installation'

## Handle Zero-Config MSI Installations
		If ($useDefaultMsi) {
			[hashtable]$ExecuteDefaultMSISplat =  @{ Action = 'Install'; Path = $defaultMsiFile }; If ($defaultMstFile) { $ExecuteDefaultMSISplat.Add('Transform', $defaultMstFile) }
			Execute-MSI @ExecuteDefaultMSISplat; If ($defaultMspFiles) { $defaultMspFiles | ForEach-Object { Execute-MSI -Action 'Patch' -Path $_ } }
		}

## <Perform Installation tasks here>

# Install Remote Desktop MSI
        Execute-MSI -Action 'Install' -Path 'RemoteDesktop_1.2.3577.0_x64.msi' -Parameters '/QN' -AddParameters "ALLUSERS=2 MSIINSTALLPERUSER=1"

#Set the detection rule registry key
        set-registrykey -key 'HKCU\SOFTWARE\Installs' -Name 'HW 105 AVD Remote Desktop' -Type 'Dword' -Value '1'

I’m assuming by Remote desktop is open means when a user is logged-on.

PSADT automatically detects this.
You do not have to code for it.

No user, no Prompts

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.