Stop Welcome Prompt from minimizing all windows

We do a lot of meetings here… I would like to use the Welcome Prompt without minimizing all widows. It would be quite embarrassing for one the the Exec or CEO to be in the middle of a meeting and minimize all his windows while presenting. I didn’t see an option to change this behavior.

1 Like

Has anyone figured this out?

edit
never mind, found the -MinimizeWindows option:

-MinimizeWindows
Specifies whether to minimize other windows when displaying prompt. Default: $true.

Required?                    false
    Position?                    named
    Default value                True
    Accept pipeline input?       false
    Accept wildcard characters?  false
2 Likes

Thanks Slundy! Looks like I missed that in the Admin guide.

Thanks very much, the minimize Option is working.

I have another question to this.

Is it possible to prompt the windows only in the background.

The problem is while someone is doing a presentation or something the window will pop up in the foreground. Background would be much better.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi , where is this option found ?

It’s part of the Show-InstallationPrompt options.

Show-InstallationPrompt
SYNOPSIS
Displays a custom installation prompt with the toolkit branding and optional buttons.
SYNTAX
Show-InstallationPrompt [[-Title] ] [[-Message] ] [[-MessageAlignment] ] [[-ButtonRightText] ] [[-ButtonLeftText] ] [[-ButtonMiddleText] ]
[[-Icon] ] [-NoWait] [-PersistPrompt] [[-MinimizeWindows] ] [[-Timeout] ] [[-ExitOnTimeout] ] []

Thanks, I saw that earlier, at the bottom when the application has finished installing, just didn’t think to add it at the start of the installation script. Thanks

Has anyone experiences the bug where all minimized windows do not restore after installation is completed?

It’s just not a feature right now.

PSADT would have to track which windows were minimized and maximize them after with another command. Sounds like an idea for a new function.

Thank you @That-Annoying-Guy. Saved me a lot of time and effort.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.