Show-InstallationWelcome formatting bug

I have only been using PSADT for the last month so my apologies in advance if this has already been mentioned but I couldn’t see any topics specifically referencing it.
I have noticed that the InstallationWelcome box seems to be out of alignment or the formatting is a bit iffy.

As you can see from the image below the alignment of the “Please save your work…” text is off to the right but more importantly the Close Programs button is cut off quite badly. I have seen someone else in a recent topic have a similar view so I’m wondering if this is a bug with PSADT?
After doing some tests I found out that if I set my default displays scaling to 100% then the prompt shows as normal.

Is there a way to fix this for when scaling is above 100%?

Known issue and being worked on:
Show-InstallationWelcome window bugged on 4k screens with higher DPI value · Issue #792 · PSAppDeployToolkit/PSAppDeployToolkit (github.com)

Aha! Many thanks for the information, much appreciated

Sorry I can’t provide more details but I had a similar problem years ago with BGInfo (I think). What I did way back when was to modify the executable’s Compatibility settings .

If you right click an executable and go to the Compatibility tab, you’ll find a button labeled “Change high DPI settings.” I used a GPO (I think) to modify this setting for the affected EXE such that it used 100% scaling instead of Windows’ usual setting.

Again, sorry I can’t recall more detail, but if you really, really need a workaround right now, you might look into this.

1 Like

I like the idea but only @sintaxasn would know if he can use application compatibility or force 100% scaling.

I actually fixed this simply by changing the ‘AppDeployToolkitConfig.xml’ file text. At least for the text alignment anyway. This wouldn’t fix scaling issues.

Change from:

Change it to:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.