Show-InstallationRestartPrompt In Silent Mode Question

Hello there everyone, so I am rocking the latest release of this tool and wanted to see if I am doing something wrong. Have an application package that I created and running in “Silent” mode, but for whatever reason, I can not get the script to reboot the system once the work is done. I have the following in my script; so far, it’s no dice. Can anyone let me know if I am doing something wrong?

Show-InstallationRestartPrompt -NoSilentRestart $false -SilentCountdownSeconds 10

[01-27-2023 10:29:34.395] [Post-Installation] [Show-InstallationRestartPrompt] :: Triggering restart silently, because the deploy mode is set to [Silent] and [NoSilentRestart] is disabled. Timeout is set to [10] seconds.

After the script exit with 0, the system just sits there with no reboot whatsoever

I’m confused too.
You want to run in Silent Mode but you also use the -NoSilentRestart switch?

Sorry about that, maybe I am misunderstanding the process. My goal is to have the script perform a silent reboot after it runs.

Any help or guidelines on this question would be appreciated. Even using the option below, the system does not restart automatically, it just sits there. I am also now running this in “NonInteractive” deployment mode.

Show-InstallationRestartPrompt -Countdownseconds 300 -NoSilentRestart $false -SilentCountdownSeconds 10

I read the PDF.
That should have worked.

If the Show-InstallationRestartPrompt function doesn’t work when run silently, you could do it the function does eventually:

Write-Log -Message 'Forcefully restarting the computer...'
Restart-Computer -Force

FYI I know this is an old topic, but it looks like there is something not right with the latest release. When I test out this process in the old version 3.8.4, the restart worked perfectly. Trying the command below does not work in v3.9.0. Will try the latest release and see if the issue has been resolved.

Show-InstallationRestartPromt -SilentCountdownSeconds 60 -NoSilentRestart $false