Show-installationProgress window picture resize

Hi guys,

How do I resize Show-InstallationProgress window picture size. I found how to resize window itself in the line 8185 8184, but do not get how to resize my picture, as it is too big. i use latest toolkit version.

would be nice if somehow hint me. as i am new with toolkit.

Thanks.

You might be in luck (though I wouldn’t do it)
Show-InstallationProgress uses XAML unlike some of the other Show- functions

I’ve looked around Show-InstallationProgress and it’s not mentioned so it might be dynamic/automatic resizing. I’m guessing you might be able to edit $xamlProgressString, Specifically:

<Grid Background="#F0F0F0" MinWidth="450" MaxWidth="450" Width="450">

and change the 450 to something like 350 but you’ll have to test.

yes, i changed this one, but it’s only changing the window, but not a logo. The window size changes, logo stays as it is. I thought smaller logo would help, but nope.

I’m guessing you want to change this:

that is pointed by $appDeployLogoBanner which is set in AppDeployToolkitConfig.xml

Now I’ve stumbled on code at the bottom of AppDeployToolkitMain.ps1 that sets the size of the banner:

# Calculate banner height
[Int32]$appDeployLogoBannerHeight = 0
try {
	[System.Drawing.Bitmap]$appDeployLogoBannerObject = New-Object System.Drawing.Bitmap $appDeployLogoBanner
	[Int32]$appDeployLogoBannerHeight = $appDeployLogoBannerObject.Height
	if ($appDeployLogoBannerHeight -gt $appDeployLogoBannerMaxHeight) {
		$appDeployLogoBannerHeight = $appDeployLogoBannerMaxHeight
	}
	$appDeployLogoBannerObject.Dispose()	#[CHANGED] Must dispose() when install from local cache or else AppDeployToolkitBanner.png is locked open
}
catch { }

So you must change appDeployLogoBanner in AppDeployToolkitConfig.xml or else it won’t resize properly.

[Deleted by accident by moderator Please send That-Annoying-Guy your message to fix this post ]

I think the height is dynamic: It all depends on what inside the window.

I don’t think I can help you on this one.

Dynamic but if i want smaller logo, why to keep such big logo where text is only few words:/