Installshield 5.52 installer hangs

Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone has come across particular installers that hang when used with the toolkit? Running the installer with silent switches outside of the toolkit runs as expected. As for the logs they show that the installer is executed but there’s nothing else to go on.

As for the actual script:

Install Epicor Service Pack 7

Execute-Process -Path “$dirFiles\Epicor SP7\Client\setup.exe” -Parameters ‘/SMS’

Part of the log:
<![LOG[[Pre-Installation] :: Spin up progress dialog in a separate thread with message: [Installation in progress. Please wait…].]LOG]!><time=“15:10:35.7460” date=“11-30-2015” component=“Show-InstallationProgress” context=“WIN-MOHGCMPBTML\mle” type=“1” thread=“4092” file=“Deploy-Application.ps1”>
<![LOG[[Installation] :: [\vmware-host\Shared Folders\temp\Epicor_ServicePack7\Files\Epicor SP7\Client\setup.exe] is a valid fully qualified path, continue.]LOG]!><time=“15:10:36.7730” date=“11-30-2015” component=“Execute-Process” context=“WIN-MOHGCMPBTML\mle” type=“1” thread=“4092” file=“Deploy-Application.ps1”>
<![LOG[[Installation] :: Working Directory is [\vmware-host\Shared Folders\temp\Epicor_ServicePack7\Files\Epicor SP7\Client].]LOG]!><time=“15:10:36.8140” date=“11-30-2015” component=“Execute-Process” context=“WIN-MOHGCMPBTML\mle” type=“1” thread=“4092” file=“Deploy-Application.ps1”>
<![LOG[[Installation] :: Executing [\vmware-host\Shared Folders\temp\Epicor_ServicePack7\Files\Epicor SP7\Client\setup.exe /SMS]…]LOG]!><time=“15:10:36.8240” date=“11-30-2015” component=“Execute-Process” context=“WIN-MOHGCMPBTML\mle” type=“1” thread=“4092” file=“Deploy-Application.ps1”>

The installer actually begins if you end the toolkit process.

I actually just posted about this same issue; I have ran into 3-4 applications now that this occurs. My only resolution has been to create the installer with a batch file. I would love to know a fix for this also.

Oh wow I thought it was just me. From observation of the installer it spawns other processes which do not start until PSADT is closed.

@Buster - Same here. I’d love to be able to utilize PSADT for some of these old legacy apps.