Deploying IBM Rational Application Developer 9.6.1 (RAD) using SCCM by packaging using PSAPPDeployment Toolkit

Did anyone had any success deploying IBM Rational Application Developer 9.6.1 (RAD) using SCCM by packaging using PSAPPDeployment Toolkit? I am a brand new user using PSAPPDeployment Toolkit.

I created the ps1 file using the PSAPPDeployment Toolkit using the following install command:
Execute-Process -Path “C:\IBM\InstallationManager\eclipse\IBMIMc.exe” -Parameters "–launcher.ini silent-install.ini -input C:\response_files\install_product.xml -nosplash -showProgress -acceptLicense"

I was able to install RAD successfully when I ran this ps1 file locally on my system. Then I deployed the same ps1 file using SCCM, installation process get stuck at ‘Installing…’ status forever, see the attached screen shot from SCCM![SCCM Screenshot|690x254]. Any ide what could be causing this issue when deploying this ps1 file using SCCM? Any help with this will be great. Thank you.

When I had to install something through Installation Manager I always used parameter: -silent
You can also use IBM\Installation Manager\eclipse\tools\imcl.exe instead to install products through Installation Manager.

I tried running the following command below from SCCM as per your suggestion, but it is still stuck at installing status. This command works fine when running from the command prompt, but it gets stuck at the installing status within SCCM. Anymore suggestion how to deploy this via SCCM tool?

imcl.exe -input C:\response_files\install_product.xml -acceptLicense

Shouldnt stay running if -silent is present. Seems like a hidden window pops up and you cant see it and it stays open so it cant close. Are you sure the xml file is present at that location on each machine?

I have added the -silent command as below, but the Software Center from the SCCM is stuck at ‘Installing…’ status. This same command works fine when running locally from the command prompt. At the moment I have tested this SCCM deployment package in one machine so far and the xml file is present in this machine. Anymore idea about this?

imcl.exe -silent -input C:\response_files\install_product.xml -acceptLicense

I was able to fix the issue by checking the box ‘Run installation and uninstall program as 32-bit process on 64-bit client’ within the ‘Programs’ and ‘Detection’ section of the SCCM packaging properties. You can close this blog for now. Thank you again for trying to help on this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.