Office Registry Key Update Assistance

Hello folks!

At present we have the need to update a couple of registry keys for Office. The keys have to be updated for the user logged in and/or all users on the computer. With that being said, I’ve walked through the documentation and setup the following to update the keys.

[scriptblock]$HKCURegistrySettings={
      Set-RegistryKey -Key 'HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Internet' -Name 'UseOnlineContent' -Value 2 -Type DWord -SID $UserProfile.SID
      Set-RegistryKey -Key 'HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\SignIn' -Name 'SignInOptions' -Value 0 -Type DWword -SID $UserProfile.SID
      }
      Invoke-HKCURegistrySettingsForAllUsers -RegistrySettings $HKCURegistrySettings

Now when running this it does update/create the first key (UseOnlineContent) but no matter what changes I make will it update the second key (signinoptions). I have gone as far as to create a line at the beginning for “Remove-RegistryKey” but that also did not make any difference so I excluded that from this post. There are no problems when attempting to manually update the key for any user, regardless of rights so I don’t believe it’s related to that.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!
Kyle

Did you notice you misspelled DWord?

Wow, nope, I had not noticed that at all… Thanks for pointing that out @dvanhoylandt!

We ended up using SCCM Baseline Configs to implement this change which worked great, but definitely good to know it was more than likely my fat fingers causing the issue.

Cheers!
Kyle