Kill teams process all at once

when teams are launched, there are a few of teams.exe process.

i have below line and after click close programs, it will prompt multiple times because there are a few of teams.exe process . how to kill all teams.exe when close programs button is clicked?

Show-InstallationWelcome -CloseApps ‘Teams’ -AllowDeferCloseApps -DeferTimes 3 -CheckDiskSpace -PersistPrompt

thanks

It is supposed to work that way. Kill all processes with the specified name. Sometimes it does not due to its mechanism. This function will be reworked in v4.

The problem was that one or more of the Teams.exes is a watchdog process that re-spawns Teams should it die. We tried to have a prompt to ask users to close teams with a PSADT GUI but it was a game of wack-a-mole. We tried using the super aggressive -BlockExecution switch but it cause other issues.

The solution was to simply not ask the user and just kill Teams.

Show-InstallationWelcome -CloseApps 'teams' -Silent

If you can’t do this right off the get go, have a custom prompt to ask the user if it’s OK and then use the -silent switch.

This behavior is still occurring in 3.8.2 for teams

Oh I missed luki1412’s comment. Coming in version 4…

I’ve successfully accomplished the automatic close of Microsoft Teams by running into Power Shell “Stop-Process -name teams”.

It closes teams and all instances of it

Regards

Can you guys try current latest test version and test whether it still cant close the processes?

psappdeploytoolkit version 3.8.3 seems to fix this.

the current test release version is the same as version 3.8.3?

No, the current test release will be 3.8.4 and the issue is resolved in this version. V3.8.3 only has it fixed partially.

thanks. the current test release also work well for me.

You should wait til v3.8.4 is out though since we are going to add more fixes.

Thanks. Will test again when 3.8.4 is out