Execute-MSI - Transform showing when not set

Howdy,

I have a script I have written which is using 2 variables in the Parameter area. There is no Transform set in the command line. Yet it appears to be setting a transform in the command.

How do I make it so the Transform is not set in the command line?

Command Line:

Execute-MSI -Action ‘Install’ -Path xx.msi’ -Parameters $Parm1 $Parm2 ‘REBOOT=ReallySuppress /QB’

Log (Line which reports the msi action);

##<![LOG[[Installation] :: Executing \16.2\Package\Files\xx.msi" TRANSFORMS=“Parm2” TRANSFORMSSECURE=1 REBOOT=ReallySuppress /QB Parm1/L*v “C:\WINDOWS\Temp\xx.log”]…]LOG]!><time=“14:30:46.935-240” date=“04-05-2018” component=“Execute-Process” context=“AdminUID” type=“1” thread=“5172” file=“Deploy-Application.ps1”>

With Execute-MSI use -AddParameters instead of -Parameters

I have tried this command line

Parameters not part of the quotes

Command line in the script;
Execute-MSI -Action ‘Install’ -Path xx.msi’ -AddParameters $Parm1 $Parm2 ‘REBOOT=ReallySuppress /QB’

With these results; (There should not be any transform set in the command line as shown in the log)

Executing [C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe /i “xx.msi” TRANSFORMS=“Value of Parm2” TRANSFORMSSECURE=1 REBOOT=ReallySuppress /QB Value of Parm1 /L*v “xx_Install.log”]

Parameters set inside the quotes

Command line in the script;

Execute-MSI -Action ‘Install’ -Path xx.msi’ -AddParameters '$Parm1 $Parm2 REBOOT=ReallySuppress /QB’

With these results (The Parameters are not getting set as the value);

![LOG[[Installation] :: Executing [C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe /i “\xx.msi” REBOOT=ReallySuppress /QB-! $Parm1 $Parm2 REBOOT=ReallySuppress /QB /L*v “C:\WINDOWS\Temp\xx.log”]…]LOG]!><time=“13:01:21.504-240” date=“04-17-2018” component=“Execute-Process” context=“AdmUser” type=“1” thread=“3108” file=“Deploy-Application.ps1”>

If I set the command line in the script with the actual values and it works ok. But I want to use the variables for there are a number of them I need to set up.

I also have a number of applications I want to use this process with, so this is pretty important for me to get this figured out.

Thanks

Why are you adding REBOOT and QB parameters? Theses are implied when using Deploy-Application.exe Install

On page 41:
Install default is: “REBOOT=ReallySuppress /QB”!