Using App Deploy for the first time

I am using the App deploy for the first time. I want to deploy Mimecast for Outlook via SCCM. I have tested my script using the system account and the notifications do pop up giving the user the option to defer the installation as well promoting for Outlook to be closed in order for the install to continue. However when I deploy via SCCM, Outlook is closed automatically without prompting the user to close the application. Are there any other specific settings that I may be missing in my config/PS files?

below is an extract:

If ($deploymentType -ine 'Uninstall' -and $deploymentType -ine 'Repair') {
		##*===============================================
		##* PRE-INSTALLATION
		[string]$installPhase = 'Pre-Installation'

## Show Welcome Message, close Internet Explorer if required, allow up to 3 deferrals, verify there is enough disk space to complete the install, and persist the prompt
		Show-InstallationWelcome -CloseApps 'outlook' -BlockExecution -AllowDefer -DeferTimes 3

## Show Progress Message (with the default message)
		Show-InstallationProgress

## <Perform Pre-Installation tasks here>

##* INSTALLATION
		[string]$installPhase = 'Installation'

## Handle Zero-Config MSI Installations
		If ($useDefaultMsi) {
			[hashtable]$ExecuteDefaultMSISplat =  @{ Action = 'Install'; Path = $defaultMsiFile }; If ($defaultMstFile) { $ExecuteDefaultMSISplat.Add('Transform', $defaultMstFile) }
			Execute-MSI @ExecuteDefaultMSISplat; If ($defaultMspFiles) { $defaultMspFiles | ForEach-Object { Execute-MSI -Action 'Patch' -Path $_ } }
		}

## <Perform Installation tasks here>
        Execute-MSI -Action Install -path 'Mimecast for Outlook 7.10.0.72 (x64).msi'

##* POST-INSTALLATION
		[string]$installPhase = 'Post-Installation'

## <Perform Post-Installation tasks here>

## Display a message at the end of the install
		If (-not $useDefaultMsi) { Show-InstallationPrompt -Message 'Installation complete. You can now open Outlook.' -ButtonRightText 'OK' -Icon Information -NoWait }
	}
	ElseIf ($deploymentType -ieq 'Uninstall')
	{
		##* PRE-UNINSTALLATION
		[string]$installPhase = 'Pre-Uninstallation'

## Show Welcome Message, close Internet Explorer with a 60 second countdown before automatically closing
		Show-InstallationWelcome -CloseApps 'outlook' -BlockExecution -AllowDefer -DeferTimes 3

## Show Progress Message (with the default message)
		Show-InstallationProgress

## <Perform Pre-Uninstallation tasks here>

Check the “Deployment Types” of the SCCM Application…
User Experience
Allow user to view and interact with the program installation, is it checked?

And check the Parameter under “Programs”
Is the installation [-DeployMode Interactive] ?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.