Toast Notification not showing Win11

Hi,

The v3.9.2 works fine on Win10 in terms of the Show-BalloonTip etc. However, when we run the same scripts on a win11 device, we are not getting any notifications.

The logs have no errors and below is an example:

Displaying toast notification with message [Installation started. Process 4 of 4] using Execute-ProcessAsUser.

[Installation] :: Preparing a VBScript that will start [C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -NoProfile -NoLogo -WindowStyle Hidden -Command & { & "'C:\Users\*******\PSAppDeployToolkit\ExecuteAsUserPSAppDeployToolkit-ToastNotification.ps1' 'Installation started. Process 4 of 4' 'Chrome 111.0.5563.147' 'C:\temp\Toolkit\AppDeployToolkit\AppDeployToolkitLogo.png' 'PSAppDeployToolkit' 'PSAppDeployToolkit'"; Exit $LastExitCode }] as the logged-on user [******] and suppress the console window...

I don’t have windows 11 but have you tried the PSADT v3.9.3 beta?

They did changes in the popup department.

Seem to get the same results with that one, too.

I know this is months old, but I just ran into something similar.

Toolkit 3.9.2 on Windows 11 22H2. I get the toast notification, but it doesn’t have any useful information in it.

The VBScript file is executing this:
strCommand = chr(34) & "C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" & chr(34) & " -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -NoProfile -NoLogo -WindowStyle Hidden -Command & { & " & chr(34) & "'C:\Users\e146575\PSAppDeployToolkit\ExecuteAsUserPSAppDeployToolkit-ToastNotification.ps1' 'Installation complete. A reboot is required.' 'Dell Dell Command Update 4.9.0' '\\disk23\sms_prod\_Packaging Source\Dell\Dell Command Update\4.9.0\AppDeployToolkit\AppDeployToolkitLogo.png' 'PSAppDeployToolkit' 'PSAppDeployToolkit'" & chr(34) & "; Exit $LastExitCode }"

and I’m seeing this:
Milquetoast

Imma download 3.9.3 and see what happens.

I have been using v3.9.3 (may edition) and the notifications are showing on win11 devices.

1 Like