TeamViewer 14 Host MSI Installation

Run this in admin PoSh:

New-PSDrive -Name HKCR -PSProvider Registry -Root HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
Get-ChildItem HKCR:\Installer\Products\FE8C77BEA8BE4522A2E39DB831B3DB96

The PackageName property will tell you which is the incompatible installed app.

Obviously, you can also just remove it with this, but I’d want to know first, personally:

msiexec /x {FE8C77BE-A8BE-4522-A2E3-9DB831B3DB96}

It looks like a left over from SCCM. Pointing to ccmcache folder but those files are not longer available.

C:\WINDOWS\ccmcache\5g\

All good I will test on another machine since this is the issue. Also the way when testing…

Thanks again for you help I will confirm once installed so we can just close this off. Can I ask you to please remove the links to those dropbox files?

CM client doesn’t care if the package was removed from the MP, if the content and advert were cached, it will happily process them sometimes. I’m not exactly sure why this is, but to fix it I suggest:

1. Delete deployments/retire apps long before deleting them completely
  2. Tighten your cache cleanup process (if you don’t have one, get one)
  3. Call the SMS client’s ResetPolicy class, here’s a nifty script for it.

And yes, I will remove all links except my bomgar script and TV12 wrapper in case they help someone else.

Also, if the leftover app is another TV install, run MSIexec /x, and grab a copy of the .dll it complains about, because that’s all the uninstaller needs to nuke it.

All is working now thank you again for your help… It was specific issue was with machine as noted above. Tested on another machine and working fine…

Glad I could help! 20char

Ok I tested but not working correctly…

TV is not adding to my account which means not picking up all the parameters…

Execute-MSI -Action Install -Path "TeamViewer_Host.msi" -AddParameters 'ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="–alias ($HOSTNAME) --grant-easy-access --reassign" CUSTOMCONFIGID=“xxxxxxx” IMPORTREGFILE=“1” DESKTOPSHORTCUTS="0" APITOKEN=“xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”' -PassThru

However reg file import, desktopicon all working fine…

Got it working with the below…

Execute-MSI -Action Install -Path "TeamViewer_Host.msi" -AddParameters 'ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="–alias ($HOSTNAME) --grant-easy-access --reassign" CUSTOMCONFIGID=xxxxxx IMPORTREGFILE=1 DESKTOPSHORTCUTS=0 APITOKEN=xxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -PassThru