Microsoft has released the OneDrive Next Generation (Build 17.3.6281.1202) in order to replace Groove, the built-in syncing tool for Office 2013. Therefore, there is no automatic deployment for it and you have to script and deploy it with GPO/SCCM.
PSAppDeployToolkit was my choice and I used the default template.
My script does the next steps :
- Unsync the user’s library (clear OneDrive caches from %LocalAppData% without deleting any personals datas)
- Disable the Groove process (rename Groove.exe to Groove.exe.OLD, which is totally impactless)
- Silent install OneDrive NG
- Auto-launch OneDrive NG in the Business configuration (don’t forget to change your Tenant ID in the 3rd part of the script)
As far as, two scenariis :
- User already synced with Groove and will not be prompted to enter his account (O365)
- User never used Groove and is prompted to enter his UPN’s account (UPN format for SSO)
The last case is not handled by Microsoft to use a proper SSO, just like Groove did. User has to enter firstname.lastname@example.org