I need help creating a Visio 2013 deployment

I am trying to build a Visio 2013 deployment to be used in SCCM 2012 SP1.
I have already run the OCT and created my SilentInstall.msp.
I Have moved all my Visio install folders to the Files folder.
I have made the required edits to the Deploy-application.ps1

When I run the deploy-application.exe it starts out like it is running fine and then a pop-up from Office appears asking which version of Visio do I want to install. It does not matter whether I choose the Professional or Standard version, in a few minutes the install fails.

I checked c:\windows\Logs\SOftware\ for the Visio log and I found this error:

[Installation] :: Execution failed with exit code [-2147024873]

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

CMTrace shows that error as “Data error (cyclic redundancy check).” I’m not super experienced with troubleshooting these errors, but I’d suggest re-downloading Visio 2013 from Microsoft VLSC (or getting a clean copy from wherever you obtained it).

Barring that, do you have the option to test on another machine / VM, just in case?

Please be sure to make posts in the appropriate forum. This is the “Deployment Scripts” forum and is strictly for sharing your completed scripts with the community as explained in the forum description: “Repository for example and user contributed deployment scripts.” Requests for help should go into the “General” forum thread.

What does your install section look like? Mine is below and I haven’t run into that issue.

## <Perform Installation tasks here>
		Show-InstallationProgress -StatusMessage 'Installing MS Visio Pro 2013. This may take some time. Please wait...'
		Execute-Process -Path "$dirFiles\Setup.exe" -Parameters "/adminfile <code>&quot;$dirFiles\Custom\VisioPro.MSP</code>" /config <code>&quot;$dirFiles\vispro.ww\config.xml</code>"" -WindowStyle Hidden -IgnoreExitCodes '3010'

Sorry about the formatting on the last post, hopefully this is better.

## <Perform Installation tasks here>
		Show-InstallationProgress -StatusMessage 'Installing MS Visio Pro 2013. This may take some time. Please wait...'
		Execute-Process -Path "$dirFiles\Setup.exe" -Parameters "/adminfile "$dirFiles\Custom\VisioPro.MSP" /config "$dirFiles\vispro.ww\config.xml"" -WindowStyle Hidden -IgnoreExitCodes '3010'

Buster,
Thanks, I don’t have the /config line in mine. I will try that today and let you know how it works!

Execute-Process -Path “Setup.exe” -Arguments “/adminfile"SilentInstall.MSP”" -WindowStyle Hidden -IgnoreExitCodes “3010”

Jeff,
Also change the -Arguments to -Parameters