I am having a problem running Deploy-Application.exe as a non-admin user
Even running a default script template with nothing in I get the same problem.
- A ‘non-admin’ user runs ‘Deploy-Application.ps1’ it works OK.
- An ‘admin’ user runs ‘Deploy-Application.exe’ it works OK
- But when 'an non-admin user runs ‘Deploy-Application.exe’ …
Window pops ‘Deploy Application 220.127.116.11’ with message ‘Unknown Error (0xffffffff)’
Seems strange, the ps1 runs OK but the .exe throws this error if a non-admin user.
To troubleshoot, I have.
- Set the execution policy to bypass
- Removed all antivirus protection from the machine
- Permissions on the folder appear to be fine in all ways
- Configured AppDeployToolkitConfig.xml with <Toolkit_RequireAdmin>False</Toolkit_RequireAdmin>
Ultimately the package would be deployed through sccm to run in the user context.
Been using PSADTK for the past few months, loving it, I hope this is a simple newbie problem.